Digging through my pantry, I realized the very depressing reality that I didn't have any vegan graham crackers on hand. Sigh. But I did have vegan cookies. So what's a girl to do? Well...when life gives you vegan cookies, you make vegan s'mores! Or something like that...
- 2 vegan cookies (I love Enjoy Life brand). Any cookie will do, I used Snickerdoodle, but I'm sure sugar cookie or chocolate would be just as awesome.
- 5-6 mini vegan marshmallows (I like Dandie's brand)
- 5-6 mini chocolate chips (Enjoy Life brand is delicious)
Place one cookie on a microwave-safe plate and top it with marshmallows. Pop in the microwave for about 10 seconds or until marshmallows are melted. Remove from microwave, sprinkle with chocolate chips and top with second cookie. Smash it all together and now you have yourself a delicious s'more anytime, with or without the campfire.
Or...if you are camping, make a banana boat!
- One large whole banana with peel on
- 5-6 mini vegan marshmallows
- 5-6 mini chocolate chips or more if you like it more chocolatey
- With a knife, slice banana lengthwise with the peel still on (this is very important. You need to leave the peel on so all the stuff doesn't fall into the fire). Make sure you don't cut all the way through the banana peel, just cut deep enough to make a "boat" that will allow the banana to spread apart and hold your fillings.
- Fill sliced banana with vegan marshmallows and vegan chocolate chips.
- Take a sheet of tin foil that's larger than the size of the banana, place banana on top of it, cut side up.
- Wrap the banana in foil, leaving "boat" side up and the stem exposed (this will be your "handle" making it easier to remove from the hot fire).
- Roast over fire on a grill or fire-proof pan for about 5-10 minutes or just until marshmallows have melted.
- Unwrap and enjoy with a fork or spoon!