Skillet Spinach Lasagna is not only a time-saver, it's also vegan, making it one of my fave recipes to whip up with little effort. With only four ingredients, it's as simple as a vegan dinner gets. Serve with Garlic Bread and you've got a complete vegan meal in minutes.
Skillet Spinach Lasagna
Boxed oven-ready lasagna noodles - about 5-6 lasagna noodles
1 jar of your favorite vegan pasta sauce
up to 1 c water, if needed
1/4 c frozen chopped spinach
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat and add about 2 tablespoons of pasta sauce to the pan.
- Break noodles in half and add to the pan.
- Open pasta sauce and dump entire jar on top of pasta. Make sure sauce completely covers noodles. If not, add a little water.
- Cover skillet with lid and simmer on med high for about 15 minutes or until noodles are soft.
- Stir every 5 minutes or so to ensure noodles aren't sticking to the pan. If this happens, add a little more water to loosen things up a bit.
- Once noodles are soft, remove lid and stir in frozen spinach.
- Simmer for another 5 minutes or so, adding water as needed.
- Remove from heat and serve with vegan parmesean or other vegan cheese (or tastes great without cheese, too).
- Serve with Garlic Bread below.
2 pieces of your favorite sandwich bread
- Butter two pieces of bread with vegan butter (Earth Balance is a great one).
- Sprinkle each piece of bread with a dash of garlic salt.
- Broil on low on foil lined cookie sheet for about 5 minutes or until bread begins to turn golden brown.